BigData and Data analytics Jobs are the most sought after jobs of current time. It is important to understand the basics before you appear for interview. In this post, I am covering few of the basic MapReduce interview questions for Hadoop MapReduce.
- What is MapReduce ?
- What is combiner and when you should use combiner in MapReduce Job?
- What is speculative execution?
- What does partitioner do in MapReduce?
- What is the difference between an InputSplit and HDFS Block?
- What is the configuration to run a MapReduce Job ?
- What is SequenceFileInputFormat and when we should use it?
- What parameters does a Mapper take ?
- What parameters does a Reducer take?
- What is distributed cache and where it is used?
- What is the default InputFormat in MapReduce ? and How does it work?
- What is InputSplit in Hadoop MapReduce ?
- What is RecordReader and how it is used ?
- What is the command to see all current running Jobs in cluster ?
- What is the command to kill a particular Job in cluster ?
- How can we write output from a MapReduce job to multiple directories ?
- How can we set the number of reducers for a MapReduce Job?
- How can we debug the MapReduce code ?
- What are they types of Schedulers in MapReduce ?
- What is Hadoop Streaming?
If you want to refer to some Hadoop Books , please read it here –
Top 20 Hadoop and BigData Books